Frequently Asked Questions
During May 2021, the FSHD Global Research Foundation Muscles for Muscles Squat Challenge will aim to achieve one million squats - representing the one million people and their families living with FSHD. This campaign aims to drive awareness, empathy and support towards those living with FSHD. Simply register or join a team, and start squatting!
The aim of the Muscles for Muscles Squat Challenge is to build muscles for those who can’t. Our aim to create awareness around this message, highlighting the difficulties for those living with FSHD. The best way that you can participate is to create a team and invite your family, friends, colleagues and network to participate in the Squat Challenge and build muscles on your behalf. If squatting is not your thing, you can still create a team and set a fundraising target and invite your network to donate to your page.
1. Register and select individual here 2. Set your squat and fundraising targets 3. Raise donations - share your fundraising link
1. Register and select team here 2. Set your squat and fundraising targets 3. Gather your squat squad - share your team link 4. Raise donations - share your fundraising link
Grab the invitation link to join an existing team from the team leader or someone in the team.
- Monthly Challenge - Set a daily team or individual squat and donation target for the month of May!
- Mini Challenge - Short on time? See how many squats and donations you can achieve in a day or a weekend.
- Challenge your local gym - Encourage your local gym to participate by asking all members to join your gym team.
- Get your school involved - Share the challenge with your school to educate kids about FSHD and the importance of muscles!
- Set a corporate challenge - Get your colleagues to coordinate a workplace team challenge!
- Compete - We've got some exciting prizes up for grabs! Will you top the leaderboard for most squats and/or donations raised?
- Help us raise awareness - Share a post on social media to help get the word out to fundraise and raise awareness.
- Donate - Support an individual or team, or make a tax deductible donation to support the cause.
The squat tracker will be live on Saturday 1 May 2021.
The challenge starts on 1 May 2021 and concludes on 31 May 2021. Registration opens on 1 April 2021 and you can join any time up to the end of the competition.
Check out our squat guide here.
Donations support FSHD Global Research Foundation in our quest to find treatment or an ultimate cure for FSHD.
All donations over $2 are tax deductable for Australian Residents.
Message us on social media or email email@example.com