Why Workplace Giving?
Workplace Giving is an increasingly popular and effective way of engaging your employees andfor your company to make a positive social impact. It’s win-win for your company, youremployees, and your favourite charities. As a company, you will get greater staff engagement, productivity, satisfaction and retention. Your reputation as a socially aware company will drive business. Your employees will be able to give in a smarter, tax effective and strategic manner. And charities enjoy regular funds and strong partnerships with your company and workforce. Did you know that 86% of employees say their company’s workplace giving program makes them proud to work there? So why wait? Make a difference today!
Here’s how to get started:
1. Define your program
- Will you focus on pre-tax payroll giving only?
- Will you match your employees’ donations to double your social impact?
- Will you encourage and reward workplace fundraising and volunteering?
- Will you offer other ways of pro-bono support?
2. Set your targets
- Aim for at least 50% staff participation
- Consider adding targets for volunteering days
- Consider adding targets for pro-bono support
- If you’d like to match your employees’ donations, set your matching budget