“I have learnt it is so important to give all people afflicted by any life changing disease, the hope that something is being done to help find a cure”.
“100% of tax deductible donations have been allocated to medical research grants and education”
Bill Moss AO – Founder and Chairman
Transparency, accountability, education and research are four key values that are taking the FSHD Global Research Foundation across borders to make a difference to the lives of FSHD sufferers worldwide.
We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation dedicated to finding a treatment and cure for Facioscapulohumeral Dystrophy (FSHD), the most common type of muscular dystrophy affecting adults.
We pride ourselves on:
• Allocating 100 per cent of tax deductible donations to current or future medical research grants and medical research education
• Delivering market-leading transparency standards within not-for-profit sectors across the globe
• Discovering world first scientific breakthroughs, having funded 30 medical research grants globally
• Raising $5.8 million in tax deductible donations, without any government or Muscular Dystrophy Australia support, making us the largest non-government funder of FSHD research world wide
• The launch of the FSHD – Find the Cure app which allows donors to confidentially see which research projects their donations have been invested in – an Australian first
Finding a cure for this debilitating disease relies on your support. We encourage you to enter your donor number to follow your donation history, or donate a dollar today and trace where your contribution goes.